When you visit the web page devoted to each biome/ecosystem, you will find lots of user-friendly information:
- description of the biome
- where the biome can be found
- plants found in the biome
- animals found in the biome
Missouri Botanical Garden site is a great place to allow students to explore and research on their own as part of your biome/habitat study.
After students have collected their information, they could complete any number of projects or assignments with it.
- create a brochure to promote a visit to that biome
- create a board game incorporating facts about their biome
- give clues to other students to see if they can "Guess the Biome"
- create a food chain/web that would exist in that biome