Consider joining the Natural Things Swap.
You'll collect a bunch of, for this example let's say, acorns. You'll place each acorn in its own small bag and label it (or find a way to label it without the bag). You'll mail all of the labeled acorns to me. In return, you'll receive a box containing a sampling of the objects other people collected and sent to me.
Ideas for objects to collect:
Seed pods (acorns, small pine cones, gum balls, buckeyes, etc.)
Nice rock specimens
Make sure you don't send anything that could rot or otherwise begin to smell...
Next week I will let you know how many people have expressed an interest in playing along. You're welcome to send enough for everyone, and in turn you'll get back an object from everyone participating. You're also welcome to only send a few objects, but keep in mind that you'll only receive back as many objects as you send.
You'll need to pay for the postage to mail the objects to me. You'll also need to send $5 to cover the cost of mailing the collection back to you. I'll provide you with my PayPal information, or you can include the payment in the box you mail me.
- Send me a message letting me know you want to play and what object you plan to send my way (only one person per object - we don't need to all exchange acorns...)
- Share this swap with your friends, so they can play along too!
- Collect your objects. Clean them if appropriate and label them.
- Mail the objects to me by the end of October (that date could be negotiable, let me know if you have a conflict and I'll consider making a change).
- Make sure you've made your $5 payment - if you don't pay, you won't get a box back!
- Check your mailbox for your arriving collection.